Board of Directors | Advisory Committee | Selection Committee
The Portland Interscholastic League Sports Hall of Fame Selection Committee is presently accepting nominations for the Fall 2014 Induction Banquet. (Nominations must be received before January 1 for the current year.) The nomination form (Online or Printable) should be delivered to the proper school representative or the committee chairperson to start the process. Please fill in as much information as possible so the selection committee can start its research immediately.
Many thanks to the selection committee:
- Bill Ranta, Chairman
- Benson: Bill Ranta
- Cleveland: Odis Avritt, Dave Voll
- Franklin: Scott Santangelo
- Grant: Pete Charlston, John Keller, Gerry Spencer
- Jackson: Jerry Lyons
- Jefferson: John Aust, Roger Parsons
- Lincoln: Mike Bubalo
- Madison: Bill Franzke, Mike Keller
- Marshall: Ken Trapp
- Roosevelt: Mike Noce, Jim Olson
- Washington: Terry Greene
- Wilson: Fred Miller, Bob Olson
- Student-athlete nominees must have received a diploma from a PIL High School.
- All nominees must have represented a PIL High School as an athlete, coach, or administrator.
- The nominee must have been in good standing while a student and must be a citizen in good standing in his or her community at the time of nomination.
- Induction will be predicated on accomplishments while representing a PIL High School as a student-athlete, coach, or athletic director. However, an individual's accomplishments after graduation may also be taken into consideration in the selection process.
- A student-athlete becomes eligible for nomination 10 years after the individual's class has graduated. Coaches and athletic directors become eligible for nomination two (2) years after leaving the position(s) that initiated their nomination.
- Nominations must be presented in writing to the PIL Hall of Fame Nominating Committee using either our Online or Printable forms. The nomination should be accompanied with documented information about the nominee's accomplishments and honors.
- Nominations will be accepted for deceased PIL alumni, coaches, and athletic directors.
- Nominations must be received on or before January 1 of the year of induction.
- Nominations received after that date will automatically be held over until voting takes place for the following year's induction.
- Nominees not voted for induction in a particular year will be held over for consideration for the next class. Nominations will be carried for three (3) induction classes. If not selected after three successive years, the nominee's name must be re-submitted to receive further consideration.
Portland Interscholastic League
Hall of Fame
7410 SW Oleson Road
Portland, OR 97223
The PIL Hall of Fame is a 501(c) non-profit organization